Anathema is a quest in Torment: Tides of Numenera.
- Talk to either Inkpot or Ioxu. They both ask you to deal with the other as they see fit. Compromise is unlikely.
- Killing Ioxu pleases the Bloom, but denies you access to some of the best cyphers in the game. Make sure to exhaust his offer first before killing him. You will have to fight his construct too.
- You can disable the shield generator in his shanty ( Might (Smashing or Speed (Lore: Machinery, Quick Fingers), causing maws to spawn and attack him - likely killing the poor sod.
- You can also convince him to stop his experiments peacefully. Inspecting the generator and the construct allows you to use these as an argument, reducing the difficulty of the persuasion task. You can also use Intellect (Persuasion, Deception) to persuade him he's in danger or Might (Intimidation) to threaten him.
- If you prefer Ioxu, intimidate Inkpot into leaving him alone. You can question his devotion to the Bloom, then use Might (Intimidation) or Intellect (Deception) to get him to sod off.
- Doing nothing will cause the cultists to take matters into their own hands and kill Ioxu. You can still talk to Inkpot for a reward.