Familiar Skies is a quest in Torment: Tides of Numenera.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
A recording I found in an old helmet suggests that its owner was on the verge of an important discovery. She had planned to check her data with something called the Navigational Cortex. The owner of the helmet was never able to complete her work... but maybe I can. In the recording, the helmet's owner spoke of returning to a place called the Anchorage. I should try to find this place and speak to her people. They might be able to tell me more about her and the Cortex she mentioned.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Find the Broken Lascar Helmet in Little Nihliesh, near Crimper. Use it. Clean it out and put it on.
- Examine all the memories, then complete The Newborn Maw to access the Lost Anchorage.
- You can try talking to Captain Janur or Pilot-Major Genjes, but they're useless. You need the navigational cortex.
- The goal is to enter the navigational cortex room, which parallels the Covetous Hearts quest - both require you to gain access to the cortex, though for cross purposes.
- First, examine the door leading into the cortex room to get the idea to lead Pilot-Major Genjes away. Talk to him and ask for a tour. This triggers a crisis. Genjes will give you a guided tour of the station, giving you time to access the cortex room. You can talk to him (consumes action) to keep him occupied. Keep one party member on him to keep talking and asking questions. The rest should split into two teams: One for the cortex room, the other to operate the console in the center of the observation room.
- The cortex room can be opened using Intellect (Lore: Machinery) or Might (Smashing). Once you open the door it's locked in the open position and you're on a timer.
- To remove the Navigational Cortex you need to spend three actions. Simply talking to it doesn't consume actions. To analyze the Broken Lascar Helmet, you need to progress to the third stage.
- The stages require using Speed (Lore: Machinery) or Might (Smashing). Then you need to confirm it from the central console with Speed (Quick Fingers, Stealth). Repeat three times, substituting Intellect for Speed for the second and third stages.
- Analyze the helmet, then return to Captain Janur. She will head to verify the finding... And if you decided to snatch the cortex, she will demand it back. Unless you pass an Intellect (Persuasion, Deception) check. That way you can allow them to check it while retaining the codex for Covetous Hearts.