Rumblings of Discontent
Rumblings of Discontent is a quest in Torment: Tides of Numenera.
Brusca, the captain of the Memovira's guards, has asked me to look for two of her patrols that are late in returning from their rounds deeper in the Bloom. Brusca told me the patrols were taking a wide route around the Bloom, so they could be anywhere.
- The first patrol (or second, depending on the order) is in the Old Slave Block, in the third cell. You need to use Might (Smashing) to break the door down or Speed (Quick Fingers, Lore: Machinery) to pick the lock open. Examining it also uncovers a trap you can remove with Speed (Quick Fingers), netting you the Sac of Molecular Acid. Inside is one of the patrols belonging to Memovira.
- You can promise to tell the murdens that the guards have escaped, while they hide elsewhere, allowing them to slip out unnoticed. Or tell them to make a break for it, which causes them to run into murdens and die. If you want them to live, tell the murdens about the prisoners, then when they are in the abattoir, talk to the thug and tell him to leg it.
- Incidentally, saving this patrol also allows Zebbak to return to his kids in Cliff's Edge. that's the injured thug.
- The other patrol is in Little Nihliesh.The Memovira Sergeant and the mutants are about to come to blows. A crisis begins, which you can resolve by choosing sides - or gaining trust and defusing the situation.
- The Spiny Mutant can be talked to. You can inquire as to the origins of the situation, the person in charge, or how Memovira might retaliate - each of which consumes an action. After you talk to him once, you can use Intellect (Persuasion) to convince the mutants to keep the patrol alive. Then a final check of Intellect (Persuasion, Intimidation) will allow you to convince the mutants to let the patrol go.
- The Sergeant is a little more useful, as you can use Intellect (Deception, Intimidation) to suggest someone will come up to check on the patrol.
- Return to Brusca for a reward.