The Right To Exist
The Right To Exist is a quest in Torment: Tides of Numenera.
The resonance chamber has trapped me and all the other castoffs in the Labyrinth. The ghostly woman says the true Resonance is in the deepest part of my mind. I have to get there before the Specter if I want to decide the fate of the castoffs. The Specter is on his way to the Resonance. I have to get there first, to stop him from subsuming all our minds into his.
- The endgame begins. You appear in The Calm, which has grown a fifth side. You can decide between heading directly for the Resonance (first through the Endless Battle fathom), or saving your companions first. If you sent Rhin home, she will join you know - as an adult, confident woman.
- Lady Anshe also appears and after you dispel the shadows tormenting you, she gives you access to a stash of weapons.
- If you want to save your companions, head to the right. You'll choose between the Crefton Fathom, Oasis Fathom, and Village Fathom.
- The Crefton Fathom is in Sagus Cliffs. You run into Tol Maguur. Your choices are to use Intellect (Persuasion or Deception) to either convince her to free herself or condemn her. You can also kill her or lash the shades with tidal energy. Then you find Erritis, giving you the choice between making him a hero... Or separating the Audience from him permanently.
- The Village Fathom has Matkina and Tash. Helping Matkina allows you to keep her on as a companion.
- The Oasis Fathom has Callistege (you decide her ending), Mazzof, and Efimpi, who teaches you how to release the other castoffs.
- Once you're done, enter the portal to the Resonance. This brings you to the Endless Battle Fathom. Complete it to enter the First's Fathom and then the Broken Fathom.
- Now you're in the Dark Fathom again. The central door cannot be opened until you access the meres behind the other two doors, allowing you to relive key moments in the Changing God's life. The mere where you relive the moon and your birth is critical, as you need to ensure that your body makes it to the escape pod before the Sorrow catches up with you. Otherwise, it's game over, your whole life undone.
- Next comes the confrontation between the First Castoff and the Specter. You can fight on either side or, depending on what you learned and how you guide the dialogue, convince the Specter that it's nothing more than a backup. Not the Changing God.
- Access the doorway and enter the Resonance.